How to order
Items can be ordered on-line, or by e-mail, phone or in person. Customised orders however cannot be ordered on-line.
If you order on-line using a credit or debit card, the full amount will be taken as the order is placed.
If you order by e-mail, phone or in person, we require a 10% deposit be paid with the order, and payment of the balance before or on the day of despatch of your goods. If you have placed an order and paid in full upfront, but decide to cancel the order before the goods have been despatched – we will refund the order value (unless this is a bespoke item – please see the returns policy below).
Please note we are a small company and each bed is made to order. The timber is ordered specifically for each customer’s order, so please be sure that you are confident that the bed is the right size, model and timber for you before ordering. Cancelling or changing orders at a later date is very costly for us, and changes in model or timber will delay production of your bed.
Your card and personal details are protected by encryption when they are sent over the internet. You will be dealing directly with the bank when the payment is made. This interaction is secured with the industry standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
Click on the prices for the items you want to purchase. Click Continue to add more items. When you’ve finished ordering, click Checkout. Fill in your address and click Confirm, any delivery charge will be automatically added to your order. Click Pay Now to confirm your order.
Weekday delivery to the UK mainland is included in the price. For delivery to all offshore UK islands, Ireland or all other countries please contact us for a shipping price.
If you prefer not to send your card details on-line, you can email your order and we will contact you by phone to confirm the total price, make payment and provide shipping details.
All stated prices include VAT.
After we receive your order you will be sent a written confirmation indicating an approximate lead time. We ask you to check the details are correct, to promptly confirm any errors, and to please read the accompanying fact sheet which includes important information regarding your order.
Please let us know if there are any unusual access issues for your property, or particular requirements regarding your order.
We endeavour to make our bed-frames to the dimensions as stated on the product pages, however a tolerance of 10mm should be allowed for. They are hand made items made especially for you!
When your order is ready we will contact you to arrange delivery.
Beds and sofa beds are delivered flat-packed. They are supplied with clear instructions for quick and easy assembly. Approximate assembly times are between 20 – 40 minutes and are listed on the relevant product pages.
Futon mattresses are delivered rolled up and in plastic tubing. Most other mattresses are rolled and vacuum packed into boxes. The box for a 1.50m mattress measures approx 150x30x30cm. Some mattresses are delivered directly from the manufacturer, if this is the case you will be notified at point of order. Sprung mattresses are not vacuum packed.
Outside the Sheffield area we use a carrier for delivery. Weekday delivery to the UK mainland is included in the purchase price.
Free delivery will be on an agreed weekday between 8am and 6pm. It may be possible to deliver some orders on a Saturday – for this there is a charge of £42.
Someone must be available to sign for the delivery. If you have to leave the house and cannot be there, you can leave a signed note on your door authorising the carrier to deliver to an immediate neighbour or to leave the goods in your garage or porch.
We may levy a £20 charge for non delivery if no-one is there to receive the consignment once a date has been arranged (this is charged by the carriers and may be passed on to the customer).
Within the Sheffield area we deliver with our own van, Monday-Friday. We can generally offer a 2hour time slot, arranged with the customer.
Contact us for delivery to UK offshore islands and the rest of the world.
The following is an approximate guide; please contact us for current information.
- Bed bases: 6-9 weeks
- Cuba, Panama: from 3-4 weeks, depending on stock levels
- Futon mattresses: 3-4 weeks
- Other mattresses: 1-4 weeks, depending on stock levels
- Bedding/Accessories: usually 1 week, depending on stock levels
If there is obvious damage to your consignment, please refuse to accept the damaged parcels and ask the carrier to return the goods to us. We suggest you accept any undamaged parcels.
Damage discovered after unpacking must be reported within 3 days of delivery, we cannot accept liability for claims made after that date.
In common with other companies we cannot accept return of a mattress (unless it is faulty) that has been unpacked and/or slept on – because for hygiene reasons it cannot be sold to anyone else. Please keep the plastic packaging on the mattress if you think you may need to return it.
If, having received your bed/mattress in good condition, you wish to return this un-used item (for any reason), it will be subject to the following charges:
- the cost of the collection from your address and delivery back to the Natural Bed Company;
- any item that has been personalised to your requirements will also be subject to a minimum charge of 25%. (A bed is considered to be personalised if you can not order this version of the bed as a standard option on our website e.g. non standard size or finish, changes to the dimensions, addition of a footboard, use of customer’s own fabric)
- Notice of intention to return any goods must be given within 14 days of receipt (for multiple items ordered at one time – this is within 14 days of receipt of the last item received).
- Any returned goods must be packed to the standard in which they were sent out. Delivery of any additional packing materials supplied by the Natural Bed Company, or any damage resulting from inadequate packing will be charged to the customer.
- The Natural Bed Company will arrange collection by a carrier and specify the day of collection. It will not usually be possible to specify an exact time of day.
- You will have to be present to hand the goods to the carrier. A letter specifying the reasons for return should be included with the goods.
- A refund will be processed after inspection and within two days of our receipt of the returned goods, and you will be notified by phone or e-mail.
For unused bedding and accessories please notify us of your intention to return within 14 days. Please send goods to the address stated below, including a printed copy of your order, or a slip of paper with your name and address. Once we receive your goods and have checked they are in saleable condition we shall process a refund via the original payment method.
We ask that you cover the cost of postage back to us for all returns where the product was delivered in good condition.
Please note: we would cover the cost of postage in the unlikely event that the original item arrived damaged or if the incorrect product was sent out. We will cover the cost for standard second class postage, this is currently £3.00 for small parcels and £5.10 for medium parcels. If you choose to return using a more expensive service the additional postage cost incurred will not be refunded.
Natural Bed Company
123-125 Fitzwilliam Street
You can track progress of your order by e-mail or phone.
If you require any further information that cannot be found on our website please contact us by clicking here .